Sunday, August 7, 2011

Here we are, once again.

Oh hey there... I didn't recognise you. Lol... I'm soooo good at updating hey? Oh well, better late than never... right?

So we are on the brink (see what I did there?) of a few big titles... But first up, quick back track over whats come out since Crysis 2...

We have had... Bulletstorm.

Okay, I loved this one. It was a great hail back to the old days of gaming before a lot of the standard CoD features of todays shooters. It's definately not for everyone thought. A lot of backlash was received here, but who gives a fuck. It was certainly better than Duke Nukem Forever!!! Overall I'd give it a nice 8/10.

Next up, Portal 2.

I'm just gonna say this... I liked Portal 2 a lot... but it wasn't anywhere near as good as the first. They tried to do too much but didnt do enough of it. The gels were great fun, but so very short lived. There were way less memorable moments and quotes, and the game seemed to lack an overall point. I look forward to some DLC coming but as much as I liked the release, this was a disappointment overall IMO. If you liked the first Portal though, you'll still get some kicks here!

Brink.

God. This was awful. Brink was one of my highest hope games for this year... and it was fucking disgusting. Slow. Boring. Generic and bland. DO NOT BOTHER WITH BRINK!

Alice: Madness Returns.

Nice. A sequel to one of my all time favs, American McGee's Alice. It wasn't bad - the ending was fucked up! I think that unless you liked the first, you're probably not going to enjoy this game at all. It's a bit repetitive, and it is a dated game style... BUT it is a nice addition to the first. Also note that you actually get the first game when you purchase this on Xbox 360 or PS3, a nice touch!


So that brings us up to today. What have we got on the horizon? Well, first up... Deus Ex: Human Revolution. A game I have been waiting for for years now! If you havent already checked out some trailers, then go look now! Looks amazing! I'm hoping that it brings some new people to the series and we can look forward to further games down the line!

After that, we have another few big ones... Dead Island, Rage and Skyrim. All three look amazing and I think I'm starting to like the lineup now more than ever! I'll try to come back with a bit on Deus Ex: HR once I've got my hands on that beauty, but for now, this is it. Catchya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment